VISA® Debit Cards
Access your checking account 24 hours a day, 7 days a week with your debit card. Your debit card works like an "electronic" check. When you use it, your purchase amounts are taken directly from your checking account. Use your card anywhere that the VISA® card is accepted.
It's simple and safe to use
- Looks like a credit card but funds come from your checking account
- Withdraw cash at a merchant or ATM
- Unlike a check, merchants don't have your personal information
- Like a credit card, you are protected from fraud because if someone uses your card, you pay $0 if you report it lost/stolen*
- Your card number is different than your credit union account number to protect your information
*Visa's Zero Liability Policy is our guarantee that you won't be held responsible for unauthorized charges made with your account information. You're protected if your Visa credit or debit card is lost, stolen or fraudulently used, online or offline.
If you experience unauthorized transactions, notify your financial institution immediately. Replacement funds are provided on a provisional basis and may be withheld, delayed, limited, or rescinded by your issuer based on gross negligence or fraud, a delay in reporting unauthorized use, an investigation and verification of a claim, and account standing history.
Using your Debit Card
- Present your card at the time of purchase and funds will be deducted from your checking
- Go online or check your statement for a detailed history of your debit card transactions. All that information makes it easy for you to track expenses and balance your account
- Online purchases can be made safely when you are using a secure website. Check for the lock in the website address bar.
- A 1% Visa® International Service Assessment Fee will be assessed on all transactions the merchant processes outside the United States (which may include internet transactions), regardless of whether you are located inside or outside the United States at the time of the transaction.
Instant issue Debit Cards/Design your own card
Instant Issue Debit Cards are available at our Court Street, Milwaukee Street, Center Avenue, and Kenosha 75th Street branches. You can choose one of our designs OR design your own card! Get more information about designing your own card.
The Visa Purchase Alerts service allows Visa Debit cardholders to be notified in near real-time of transaction activity on their enrolled card(s). These Visa Purchase Alerts messages can be via e-mail and/or mobile text messages.
Important phone numbers
- Activate your card by calling 866.985.2273
- Select or change your PIN by calling 866.985.2273
- Report your card lost or stolen at 866.820.1070
- Report fraud on your card at 888.918.7313