Let's work together to keep you in your home
These days, your financial situation can change in an instant. If you lose your job, have a medical emergency or get blindsided by a family crisis, you might be unable to meet your mortgage obligations. The good news is that Blackhawk Community Credit Union offers programs that might help you avoid foreclosure. Please contact us
before you fall too far behind in your payments so we can begin working toward a solution.
Attention Beloit Members
NeighborWorks Blackhawk Region
has mortgage assistance funds available to help income-qualified City of Beloit residents get caught up on their mortgage with up to 3 months of payments (not to exceed $1500). If you are experiencing financial hardship due to COVID-19, please reach out to NeighborWorks Blackhawk Region
. They will work with you to address your financial situation and see if you qualify for any mortgage assistance funds to help get you get back on track with your mortgage payments. Visit their website
for more information and assistance.
The Consequences Of Foreclosure
It is important to understand what could happen if Blackhawk proceeds with foreclosure on your home:
- The money you have invested in your home will be lost
- There will be negative consequences for your credit score
- It will be more difficult for you to obtain a mortgage in the future
- You could be held liable for any losses
Options We Might Offer
- Loan Modification: A change to the terms of your loan making it more affordable.
- Forbearance: Reduced or suspended payments for a set period of time, followed by other agreed-upon options to bring the loan current.
- Repayment Plan: A schedule of payments to catch up on past-due amounts.
If you are having difficulty making payments to your Blackhawk mortgage, give us a call at 800.779.5555. We have programs that may assist you during these difficult times.
- Free Credit Counseling: Blackhawk members can receive free budget and debt counseling services through the GreenPath financial wellness program. Visit the GreenPath website or call to speak to a counselor at 1.877.337.3399
- Military OneSource: This is the U.S. Department of Defense’s information resource for those who have served. If you are listed as entitled to legal protections under the Service Members Civil Relief Act (SCRA), please visit Military One Source or call 800.342.9647 for more information.