March 2021 Statement Delays
We’ve experienced a later than normal delivery of our paper statements this month, and throughout COVID-19. We understand you rely on receipt of your statements to pay outstanding loans, including credit cards, which are due on the 23rd. We apologize for the undue stress and inconvenience this has caused and would like to provide more information around our statement process to ease any concerns.
- BHCCU uses a secure third party processing company located in Michigan to print and send our statements due to the volume of statements we send out every month
- We send our data file to our provider on the 1st of the month, or as soon after the 1st if it’s a holiday or weekend to ensure folks get their statements on time
- Our provider is allowed 72 hours to get the statements in the mail, per our agreement. This increases to 96 hours in April, July, October and January to account for the larger volume sent at the end of each quarter
- Weekends and Holidays may affect turn times at the level of our provider and in the delivery of the mail
- While our provider has not been overly affected by COVID-19, relative to their operations, the mail system in Michigan has, and this has caused delays throughout the pandemic
- Our provider has indicated that they have recently seen a spike in COVID-19 cases in Michigan and have experienced an unusually high number of employees self-isolating and calling in sick. It’s this issue that caused the delay in statements being mailed this month
- Our provider is looking into this concern and will provide us with a plan to ensure timely delivery moving forward
We also provide multiple ways to avoid paper statements:
- Opt-in to eStatements through online banking or using our mobile app.
- You can always obtain your credit card balance by calling us or visiting a branch.
- Similarly we provide multiple ways for you to make loan payments, and will address potential issues of timeliness on a case-by-case basis.