September 23, 2016 by lpalma
As a member of Blackhawk Community Credit Union, the security of your account is our number one priority. In light of the recent Yahoo announcement that email accounts were impacted by a data breach in 2014, we felt it was important to provide you with some tips on how to keep your Blackhawk account secure.
It is not uncommon for many online users to utilize similar information when setting up account passwords or security questions. If you are concerned that your personal data has been compromised with Yahoo’s breach or at anytime, you can easily update your secure online banking data. Log-in to your Blackhawk online banking account, click on the Options tab, and update your information in the Modify Personal Setting section.
To keep your account secure, please follow these security tips:
- Only log-in to your Blackhawk account through a secure connection that you initiate. You will never receive a link or phone call from us asking you to change or verify your account information with a link.
- Do not log-in to your Blackhawk account with a public Wi-Fi.
- Watch for “phishing” emails. Criminal phishing attacks can be hard to detect, so be suspicious of any unsolicited messages. Do not open unsolicited e-mails or texts.
- Select passwords using a strong, complex criteria.
- If you are using the same password on multiple accounts, change them to unique passwords. When setting security questions, be sure to use answers that are not obvious.
- If you have any reason to believe your account information has been compromised, please call us at 800.779.5555.