Our Construction Loan Process
Rest assured that our construction loan process is easy, simple, and personalized.
Before Breaking Ground, the Member Will...
- Receive 24-48 hour loan pre-qualification and pre-approval
- Receive approval on loan application
- Receive appraisal using building plans, specs and lot detail from us
- Provide your land information to use as equity
- Accept a Title Commitment & Construction Oversight
- Close construction loan with your BHCCU loan officer
- BHCCU will provide guidance through the construction loan draw process
- BHCCU will deliver a monthly statement for interest due on the disbursed funds
- BHCCU will review any change orders and or contractor credit memos…if applicable
- The members, loan officer, title escrow officer and contractor will be in close contact
- The Title Company/Member/Lender/Contractor will work together to release funds
Before Move-in Day...
- Complete the final inspection with the builder (checklist) before the final disbursement
- Obtain a municipality occupancy permit
- Order appraisal recertification of value for the completed home
Through this whole process, we will be as upfront, transparent, and communicative as we can, to make sure you are always informed and aware of how things are progressing.