Home Equity Loans
We can help you tap the equity in your home in two convenient ways. A Home Equity Line Of Credit (HELOC) is the modern financial tool to help you best utilize the equity in your home. It is a line of credit you can use any time you need it, during your draw period, simply by writing a check or transferring funds.
A Second mortgage works like most consumer loans. You borrow a set amount and pay it back over a specific period of time. The interest rate is typically fixed for a period of 3 to 5 years and can be amortized up to 20 years. Having a one- time advance can help you plan your future by knowing when your loan will be paid in full.
Use the money from your home equity for a home improvement, addition, college education, new car, vacation – almost anything! You can even use your low-interest home equity loan or line of credit to consolidate other loans or pay off higher-interest credit card debt.
- Borrow up to 90% of the equity in your home
- Competitive, low rates
- Simple, streamlined application process
- Fast, local approvals made right here
- Local service by people you know and trust
- Pay automatically through payroll deduction
Apply Anytime, Anywhere
For your convenience, you can apply for most loans in 3 easy ways.
- Online – Apply now!
- In Person – No appointment needed. Just stop in and meet the staff that can answer all of your questions.
- Phone – call us at 608-755-6065 or 800-779-5555
Compare Loan Options
|Home Equity Line of Credit||Second Mortgage|
|Monthly payments||Payment set each time an advance is made*||Set amount each month|
|Financing||Up to $250,000 or 90% of equity||Up to $250,000 or 90% of equity|
|Repayment term||Up to 20 years (5-year draw period)||Up to 20 years (3-5 year balloon)|
|Tax deductible interest**||yes||yes|
|Appraisal of valuation||Required||Required|
|Rate||Variable rate***||Rate fixed for balloon period|
* A payoff period of 240 monthly payments (20 years) will be used to calculate the payment. Payments will be set to repay the balance after an advance, at the current annual percentage rate, within the payoff period. Payments may also change if the annual percentage rate increases or decreases.
**Consult your tax professional regarding interest deductibility
*** The rate is based upon the value of an index. The index is the highest rate identified as the Prime Rate in the Money Rates section of the Wall Street Journal. Rates are subject to change daily. Based upon the LTV ratio a margin is added to the value of the index. Rates will never be lower than 4.5% and will never exceed 18% or the maximum that can be applied by applicable law. You can obtain credit advances for 5 years. Your payment will be set to pay off any balance after the initial draw period for a period of 10 years. Minimum payments will never be smaller than $100. Payments will remain the same unless an advance is made. There is a minimum advance amount of $250. The maximum home equity line depends on the home value and total loans secured by the home. Closing costs will vary. These fees generally range between $0-$550 You must consult a tax advisor regarding the deductibility of interest. All services require a minimum $5 membership deposit.