Blackhawk Community Credit Union offers a range of career opportunities that include Tellers, Member Advisors, IT, Mortgage Loan Officers, and more. Whether you’re just starting your career or are an experienced professional, we offer an outstanding benefits package and work environment so we can attract and retain talented employees.
Our Application Process:
- Position is posted and applications are accepted.
- Each application is reviewed, and candidates are narrowed down to those who most closely fit the position requirements.
- Face-to-face interviews are scheduled.
- An offer is extended to the top candidate for the position and background and reference checks are completed.
Blackhawk Community Credit Union is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Blackhawk Community Credit Union management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, ancestry, veterans status, membership in the national guard, state defense force or any reserve component of the military forces, marital status, disability, arrest record, conviction record or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local laws in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, job classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, discipline, discharge , employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment.
Blackhawk Community Credit Union screens and selects applicants on the basis of their qualifications and requirements of the position as defined in the job description. Each applicant is required to complete an employment application and background check authorization. Information received on the employment application will be relied on by the credit union in making an employment decision. The prospective employee’s background with respect to work record, character, and credit history will be carefully reviewed for accuracy. Therefore, it is necessary that the applicant provide accurate information and references from prior employers. Misrepresentation or deliberate omissions from the employment record will disqualify an applicant from employment, or result in termination when discovered.
All employment candidates must undergo a background investigation as a pre-requisite for employment with the credit union.
Employees must be eligible to be covered by the credit union’s fidelity bond coverage to be hired and continue employment at any time. Blackhawk Community Credit Union’s bonding company will determine if an employee is eligible for bond coverage.
If you require any assistance or reasonable accommodation in completing an online application, please contact Leslie Hulick, Director of Human Resources, at 608-755-6065.
You have found a position you are interested in applying, and want your resume to stand out from the other candidates. Cover letters are an important tool potential employers use to help narrow down candidates. If the employer has more than one open position, your cover letter can help the employer determine which position you are applying. Here are some tips for your cover letter:
- Personalize your cover letter if possible.
- Specify the position for which you are applying, and why you are interested in the particular position.
- Keep to the facts, but stay brief and to the point.
- Demonstrate that you meet or exceed the job requirements.
- If a salary range is requested, share your range, or the fact that you are flexible.
- Keep your cover letter to one page, simple, and easy to read.
You have found a position you are interested in applying, and want your resume to stand out from the other candidates. Resumes let the potential employer understand your job history, responsibilities, and skills. Here are some tips for your resume:
- Keep the design simple – use bullet points and white space.
- Select a font that is easy to read.
- Create and save a format that can be e-mailed.
- Use key words and titles from the ad and job description.
- Prioritize the content of your resume.
- Target your resume to each individual job.
- Focus on achievements vs. responsibilities.
- Don’t include irrelevant information.
- Keep to one or two pages.
- Have someone else review your resume and give you feedback.
- Proof, proof, proof.
You have applied for a position and have been contacted for an interview. Resumes let the potential employer understand your job history, responsibilities, and skills. Here are some tips for your interview:
- Be prepared and confident.
- Know the organization and position.
- Be on time, but not too early.
- Practice your response to possible questions.
- Make a good first impression – smile, firm handshake, professional dress, eye contact.
- Treat all contact as a first impression.
- Bring a few extra resumes with you.
- Talk about specific achievements and share examples.
- Explain why you left your former employer and any gaps in employment; be honest.
- Provide references at the 1st interview.
- Don’t talk negatively about past employers or supervisors.
- Be aware of verbal cues.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for clarification or to have a question repeated.
- Be prepared to ask solid questions.
- Thank the interviewers at the end, and ask for a business card.
Employee Benefit HighlightsHealth/Prescription Drug, Dental and Vision Plans
Blackhawk Community Credit Union offers all regular employees the option to participate in our health, prescription drug, dental and vision plans. BHCCU will pay a portion of the monthly premium, with the employee portion of the premium payable automatically through payroll deduction. Employees also have the option of paying their portion of the premiums using pre-tax dollars through the Flexible Spending plan.
This plan allows employees to defer pre-tax dollars to a health care reimbursement account to pay for non-reimbursed medical, dental, vision and prescription bills; or to a dependent care reimbursement account to cover childcare expenses. Each year, you designate how much you wish to defer, based on your anticipated out of pocket expenses. The amount you designate is deducted from each paycheck in equal installments and deposited in the respective accounts. As you incur these expenses, you submit proof and are reimbursed.
Regular, full-time and part-time employees are eligible for income protection through the short and long-term disability plans in the event of an extended illness or disability. Short-term disability provides for a certain level of income replacement based upon your length of service and length of disability. Long-term disability provides for a percentage of your base monthly earnings up to a maximum monthly benefit, after meeting the qualifying time period.
Blackhawk Community Credit Union offers employees a 401(k) Savings Plan. BHCCU will match employee contributions at 100%, up to 5% of deferral. Employees have a variety of pre-tax options to contribute to, as well as a post-tax Roth 401(k) option.
Eligible employees can sign up for this plan once eligibility requirements are met. You direct the investment of your money and are able to change your investment options as you see fit. Y ou also have the option to change your deferral percentage on a quarterly basis.
Blackhawk Community Credit Union observes the following holidays each calendar year: New Year’s Day, President’s Day, after 12:30 on Good Friday, Memorial Day, Independence Day (July 4), Labor Day, Veteran’s Day, Thanksgiving Day, after 12:30 on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, after 12:30 on New Year’s Eve.
Employees who have completed 1 year of service may apply for an educational assistance program to maintain or improve skills in your current position or enhance your knowledge making you eligible for advancement in the credit union/financial industry.
Blackhawk Community Credit Union understands that sometimes employees face challenges and need someone to talk to. The Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is an added benefit to make sure you have the support you need when life’s inevitable challenges seem too much.